Between its intriguing wildlife, skyscraper-height jungle canopies, and gorgeous coastlines teeming with tropical fish, this magical stretch of Malaysia is positively bursting with stuff to see and do. This nine-day adventure promises to keep you busy; time spent marveling at Read more…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Requirements
Between its intriguing wildlife, skyscraper-height jungle canopies, and gorgeous coastlines teeming with tropical fish, this magical stretch of Malaysia is positively bursting with stuff to see and do. This nine-day adventure promises to keep you busy; time spent marveling at nature’s glory in Turtle Island National Park, close encounters with orangutans at a rehabilitation center, prowling the streets of Kota Kinabalu by night, and the otherworldly wonders of Borneo. Malaysia has it all, and in East Sabah, it’s all close at hand.
Fixed Departure Tour: 02nd/03rd June 2019 to 10th June 2019
Trip Type: Group trips average 12 travelers per departure
Starts/Ends: Kota Kinabalu (OR) New Delhi
The tour starts and ends in Kota kinabalu with (optional) return flights from Delhi. The Borneo tour that takes 8/9 days taking you through Kota kinabalu, Malaysia and 4 other destinations in Malaysia. It includes accommodation, staff & experts, meals included, transport and some activities. Please see the Includes section for more information.
Delhi - Kota Kinabalu (Optional)If you have booked the package with International Flights inclusion then you will head to IGI Delhi Airport to take your overnight flight to Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia.
Kota KinabaluYour trips starts today at Kota Kinabalu, Borneo. Welcome Meeting instructions at your hotel shall be provided for you in advance. (Airport taxi has to be paid extra. Please let us know in advance if you wish to arrange it directly from Hotel)
Kota Kinabalu/Kota BeludToday you will be boarded in private taxi where you will visit a place where you will get chance to learn more about the typical lifestyle in the village by taking part in seasonal activities such as rubber tapping, fruit harvesting, and rice planting. [Included: cooking class activity and Private Vehicle Transport(1.50 hour(s)]
Kota Belud/Sungai KinabatanganWith the Private vehicle you will travel today towards Sandakan and continue to the jungle lodge on the Kinabatangan River, Sabah's longest. After settling in head out for a river safari. After dinner, opt for a guided night walk through the jungle. [Included: Kinabatangan River Evening Cruise & Private Vehicle transport (6.00-7.00 hours]
Sungai KinabatanganYou will begin the day with a river safari in search of wildlife. After breakfast, visit the nearby oxbow lake with a professional guide and seek out proboscis monkeys, pygmy elephants, macaques, and gibbons. Enjoy another boat cruise along the river to spot more wildlife before returning to the lodge for dinner. (Included: Kinabatangan River Wildlife Cruise & Guided Oxbow Lake Walk and Wildlife Spotting)
Sungai Kinabatangan/SepilokYou will depart in the morning and travel to Sepilok. Enjoy a visit to the orangutan rehabilitation centre and the adjacent sun bear conservation center. (Included: Private Vehicle Transport, Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre Visit & Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre Visit,)
Sepilok/Pulau LibaranTransfer in a private vehicle to Sandakan and continue to Libaran Island by boat. Take a guided tour of the island's turtle hatchery and learn about the turtle conservation program. Opt to go snorkeling or kayaking with some free time. [Included: Turtle Experience activity, Private Vehicle and Boat Ride (0.75-1.00 hours)]
Pulau Libaran/Kota KinabaluAfter breakfast, depart Libaran Island and travel back to the Sandakan jetty. From the jetty, transfer to Sandakan airport for a flight to Kota Kinabalu. [Boat(0.75-1.00 hours) and Plane (0.75 hour(s)) rides are included]
Kota Kinabalu-DelhiToday your tour end. Those who have booked tour package with included flights will take return flight back to Delhi,India. For other, our tour services ends here. (Airport taxis are not, please inform us prior to departure if you wish to arrange a taxi with hotel)
– Accommodation: Hotel/Guesthouse (2 Nights), Homestay (1 Night, multi-share), Jungle lodge (3 Nights), Permanent tented camp (1 Night).
- Kota Kinabalu (Hotel Shangri-la or similar)
- Kota Belud (Tambatuon Homestay or similar)
- Sungai Kinabatangan (Boreo Natural Sukau Bilit Resort or similar)
- Sepilok (Seipilok Jungle Resort or similar)
- Paulau Libaran (Walai Penyu Resort or similar)
– Meals Included: 7 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Kota Belud: Breakfast . Lunch . Dinner
- Sungai Kinabatangan: Breakfast . Lunch . Dinner
- Sepilok: Breakfast
- Pulau Libaran: Breakfast . Lunch . Dinner
- Kota Kinabalu: Breakfast
– Transport: Private vehicle, Plane, Boat, Walking.
- Private Vehicle
– Included activities:
- Round Trip Economy flights from New Delhi, India (Applicable for those who have booked flight included booking option)
- Hands-on: Cooking Class, Kota Belud
- Morning and evening Kinabatangan River safaris
- Guided oxbow lake visit and wildlife spotting (Kinabatangan)
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Turtle hatchery visit
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
– Visa: Visa cost is not included. Visa can be arranged by us for an additional cost.
– Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. It can be arranged by us with additional cost.
– Airport Taxis:
- Kota Kinabalu Airport to Hotel on Day 2
- Kota Kinabalu Hotel to Airport on Day 9
– Optional Activity: Jungle Night Walk (Day 4): Please check with tour representative at hotel if you would like to included this activity.
– Miscellaneous expenses, Souvenirs etc.
– 5% GST on Total Package.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Trip Includes”
Pricing NameStartGroup (min-max)PaxPrice
If you do not already have a travel insurance please do get in touch with us after booking and we will help you.
Non-refundable full Payment required to confirm the booking.
For this tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveler. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
It should be stressed that the nature of the accommodation when compared with other areas of SE Asia, is sometimes of a lower standard than normally provided on our trips. This is often due to the location and type of activities involved (ie high on a mountain and in remote jungle areas). Accommodation is always clean and usually makes up in character and location, what it might not provide in glamour and additional services.
Depending on the lunar cycle, Ramadan will fall between May and June months. Please note that Ramadan is a month of fasting observed by Muslims throughout the world, during which time the followers of Islam should not eat or drink between sunrise and sunset. There may be some limitations to services and disruptions to schedules during Ramadan in Muslim areas, but generally our tours still operate effectively during this period and food is available to non-muslims throughout the day. It is very important to display increased cultural sensitivity during Ramadan. Please wear loose fitting clothes, that cover knees and shoulders, and try to avoid eating, drinking or smoking in public out of respect for those who can't at that time.
3. TRAVEL WARNINGS TO EASTERN SABAH
Various nationalities have a travel warning for Eastern Sabah. Please visit your government website and check with your insurance that any warnings will not affect your insurance coverage, as travel insurance that covers the entire itinerary is mandatory on our tours.
The safety of our travelers is our number one priority. We will continuously monitor the region and will continue to run itineraries to areas that we believe to be safe.
We believe solo travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travelers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Private vehicle, plane, boat, walking.
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
When packing be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia. Malaysia is a predominantly Muslim country. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not acceptable. One piece bathing suits are recommended and topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
– Age Requirements: 12+ (Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.)
– Guiding Method: Live Guide Instructor
– Guide Language: English