With a population of 135 million crammed into just under 140,000 sq kilometers, you’d think there’d be no room on Java left for adventuring. Densely populated as it is, this amazing stretch of Indonesia has loads of unexplored corners just Read more…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Requirements
With a population of 135 million crammed into just under 140,000 sq kilometers, you’d think there’d be no room on Java left for adventuring. Densely populated as it is, this amazing stretch of Indonesia has loads of unexplored corners just waiting for travelers looking for something a little different. From Jakarta, you’ll venture to the curiously European-like city of Bandung (the “Paris of Java”) en route to Yogyakarta, home to the island’s monstrous volcanoes. Later, you’ll spend two days in Dutch colonial Batu before winding up on the gorgeous Balinese beaches of Sanur. (Hey, if you can’t beat the crowd, join it!)
Fixed Departure Tour: 14th June 2019 to 23rd June 2019
Trip Type: Group trips average 12-15 travelers per departure.
Starts/Ends: New Delhi, India
- Explore vibrant Jakarta
- Take the train through terraced rice fields
- Visit a Buddhist sanctuary
- Meet the locals and learn the Javanese way of life
The "Explore Indonesia" tour starts in Jakarta and ends in Sanur (with return flights from New Delhi, India). The tour that takes 9 days taking you from Jakarta to Sanur and through 5 other destinations in Indonesia. The Best of Java tour includes accommodation, staff & experts, meals included, transport and some activities. Please see the Includes section for more information.
Date : June 14, 2019
Depart New Delhi, IndiaThe adventure begins tonight. You will take an evening flight from New Delhi to Jakarta, Indonesia. (Included: International Flights)
Date : June 15, 2019
Reach Jakarta (Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting)You flight will reach today at Jakarta. Once you reach the hotel, feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. After introductions, your tour leader will review the details of your tour. Please note that normal check-in times apply at our hotels, but you can usually store your luggage for the day if you arrive early. (Included: Accommodation)
Date : June 16, 2019
Jakarta/BandungEnjoy a guided city tour of Jakarta. In the afternoon, depart for Bandung. Opt to see the traditional angklung orchestra. A guided city tour will visit the former Batavia area, remnants of the colonial past, and tour the Sunda Kelapa Harbour. In Bandung, opt to see the angklung orchestra — resonating melodies created when children shake bamboo instruments. (Included: Private vehicle ride, Jakarta City tour)
Date : June 17, 2019
Bandung/NglanggeranTake the morning train to Yogyakarta, enjoying beautiful scenery along the way, then transfer to Nglanggeran village for a homestay. (Included: Train ride along with private vehicle)
Date : June 18, 2019
Nglanggeran/YogyakartaEnjoy a hike on Mt Nglanggeran before getting a closer look at local life. After lunch in the village travel back to Yogyakarta, visiting the Prambanan Hindu temple complex en route. (Included: Mount Nglanggeran Hike, Prambanan Hindu Temple Complex Excursion, Private vehicle Ride)
Date : June 19, 2019
YogyakartaVisit Borobudur, the largest Buddhist sanctuary in the world. Later, enjoy free time to explore Yogyakarta. Spend time at Borobudur and come away with a deeper understanding of the Buddhist culture here. (Included: Private Vehicle Ride, Borobudur Temple Complex Excursion)
Date : June 20, 2019
Yogyakarta/NgadasContinue the journey across the agricultural heartland of Java to Ngadas, a village in the scenic Mt Bromo region. Experience the local culture with a G Adventures-supported community homestay. (Included: Homestay and Local train ride)
Date : June 21, 2019
Ngadas/MalangVisit Mt Bromo for a pre-dawn trek and watch the sunrise. Head back to Ngadas for lunch before exploring more of the village on an included walk. Later, travel to Malang for the night. Start early today (approximately 2:30am) for a pre-dawn trek across the “sea of sand” to watch the sunrise over the crater’s rim, popular with both tourists and the local Buddhist Tenggerese, who can be seen giving offerings of food to receive blessings from the Supreme God Hyang Widi Wasa. (Included: Private Vehicle ride. Sunrise Walk to Mount Bromo Viewpoint and Village Walk)
Date : June 22, 2019
Malang/SanurDrive from Malang to Surabaya airport for a short flight to Sanur and enjoy some free time. (Included: Private Vehicle and Plane ride)
Date : June 23, 2019
Sanur/New DelhiToday you depart to DPS(Bali) airport via cab and take your return flight back to New Delhi, India.
– Accommodation: Simple Hotels/Guesthouses (6 nights), Homestays (2 nights, multi-share)
- Jakarta (Hotel Bintang Griyawisata or similar)
- Bandung (Arion Swiss-belhotel Bandung or similar)
- Nglanggeran (Nglannggeran Homestay)
- Yogyakrta (Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel or similar)
- Ngadas (Ngasas Homestay)
- Malang (The Balava Hotel Malangor similar)
- Sanur (Puri Dalem Hotel or similar)
– Meals Included: 8 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Bandung (Day 3): Breakfast
- Nglanggeran (Day 4): Breakfast. Dinner
- Yogyakarta (Day 5): Breakfast. Lunch
- Yogyakarta (Day 6): Breakfast
- Ngadas (Day 7): Breakfast . Dinner
- Malang (Day 8): Breakfast. Lunch
- Sanur (Day 9&10): Breakfast
– Transport: Private van, walking, train, bike, plane.
- Private Vehicle (Day 3,4,5,7,8,9)
- Train (Day 4,7)
- Plane (Day 2,9,10)
– Included activities:
- (Optional) Round Trip Economy flights from New Delhi, India (Contact us if traveling from other Indian cities and get revised quotes)
- Jakarta city tour: Tour Bandung and see the former Batavia area, where Jakarta began before it grew to its current size. Visit the Sunda Kelapa Harbour — once the main port of the Sunda Kingdom, it’s now a bustling port full of Makassar schooners.
- Mt Nglanggeran hike: Hike to the top of Mt Nglanggeran, a now inactive ancient volcano. Pass through a narrow gap in the rock as you follow the path, which gets steeper towards the top. From the summit, enjoy views of the picturesque mountain range and lush surrounds.
- Prambanan temple complex visit: Tour Prambanan, the largest Hindu temple complex in Java, and learn about the history of the temples. Built between the eighth and tenth centuries, these temples now stand as one of the most outstanding works of Hindu art. View their intricate design, particularly on the Shiva temple.
- Borobudur visit: Take in the stunning artistic and architectural marvel that is the Buddhist Temple complex of Borobudur, a not-to-be-missed World Heritage Site. Learn about its interesting history and restoration; the site lay undiscovered under layers of volcanic ash until 1815, when Sir Stamford Raffles, then Governor of Java, ordered the area to be cleared.
- Ngadas Homestay: Nestled amongst the green hills of the Mt Bromo region, the village of Ngadas is home to a Tengger farming community. Overnight with a local family participating in the community’s homestay program. Learn about the local culture, customs, and traditions from your hosts.
- Mt Bromo sunrise visit: Head out before dawn to visit the viewpoint for magnificent Mt Bromo (2,392m), one of the most spectacular sights in Indonesia. Walk along the “sea of sand” and enjoy stunning views as the sun rises over the edge of the crater and be amazed by the volcano’s strange beauty, seemingly from another world
- Village walk: Learn more about daily life in Ngadas with a village walk. Take in views of the scenic hills as you walk along, passing farming areas and stopping to visit the local temple, vihara, and mosque.
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
– Visa: Visa cost is not included. Visa can be arranged by us for an additional cost.
– Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. It can be arranged by us with additional cost.
– Airport Taxis:
- Jakarta Airport to Hotel on Day 2
- Sanur Hotel to Bali Airport on Day 10
– Optional Activity: Angklung Orchestra Performance (Day 2): Please check with tour representative at hotel if you would like to included this activity. You can Opt to go to the angklung orchestra — a unique musical treat. Be moved by beautiful melodies at this traditional bamboo instrument concert performed by children.
– Miscellaneous expenses, Souvenirs etc.
– 5% GST on Total Package.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Trip Includes”
Pricing NameStartGroup (min-max)PaxPrice
The tour requires that you have a travel insurance covering emergency evacuation and repatriation. If you do not already have a travel insurance please do get in touch with us after booking and we will help you.
This tour is Non-refundable.!
For this tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveler. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary. If you do not already have a visa, please do get in touch with us after booking and we will help you.
We will be travelling through areas where cold water showers are the accepted norm. Hot water facilities are often unreliable even when they are available. In keeping with our authentic tours, many of our hotels will not have hot water showers.
Depending on the lunar cycle, Ramadan will fall between May and June months. Please note that Ramadan is a month of fasting observed by Muslims throughout the world, during which time the followers of Islam should not eat or drink between sunrise and sunset. There may be some limitations to services and disruptions to schedules during Ramadan in Muslim areas, but generally our tours still operate effectively during this period and food is available to non-muslims throughout the day. It is very important to display increased cultural sensitivity during Ramadan. Please wear loose fitting clothes, that cover knees and shoulders, and try to avoid eating, drinking or smoking in public out of respect for those who can't at that time.
We believe solo travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travelers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors traveling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
When packing be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not acceptable. One piece bathing suits are recommended and topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
Illegal drugs will not be tolerated on any trips. Possessing or using drugs not only contravenes the laws of the land but also puts the rest of the group at risk. Smoking marijuana and opium is a part of local culture in some parts of the world but is not acceptable for our travelers. Our philosophy of travel is one of respect towards everyone we encounter, and in particular the local people who make the world the special place it is. The exploitation of prostitutes is completely contrary to this philosophy. Our travel leaders have the right to expel any member of the group if drugs are found in their possession or if they use prostitutes.
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
– Age Requirements: 12+ (Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.)
– Guiding Method: Live Guide Instructor
– Guide Language: English