Go island-hopping in Thailand and experience some of the best snorkeling in the world. Enjoy a week aboard our sailing catamaran and discover what makes Thailand special. With an experienced captain navigating the southern islands, you’ll drop anchor at highlights Read more…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Travel Requirements
Go island-hopping in Thailand and experience some of the best snorkeling in the world. Enjoy a week aboard our sailing catamaran and discover what makes Thailand special. With an experienced captain navigating the southern islands, you’ll drop anchor at highlights and secret spots perfect for a swim. Work up an appetite snorkeling, dine on Thai cuisine, and sleep moored under the stars. This trip is perfect on its own or as an add-on with our other Thai adventures.
Fixed Departure Tour: 13th April 2019 to 19th April 2019
Trip Type: Small group experience; Max 18, avg. 10.
Starts/Ends: New Delhi, India
- Relax on the deck of the catamaran in the stunning southern Thai islands
- Eat delicious Thai cuisine
- Lounge out on beautiful beaches
- Swim and snorkel in quiet bays
The Sail across Thailand tour starts and ends in Phuket (with return flights from New Delhi, India). It is a Chill Out tour that takes 7 days taking you through Phuket, Thailand and 4 other destinations in Thailand. The tour includes accommodation, staff & experts, meals included, transport and some activities. Please see the Includes section for more information.
Date : April 6, 2019
New Delhi/Phuket/Phang Nga BayYou tour begins today with your international flight from New Delhi to Phuket. Once you reach Phuket, feel free to explore before your welcome meeting at 'The Living Room' restaurant at The Yacht Haven Marina at 3pm. In the afternoon, sail towards the Northern Phuket Islands. Choose to go on a dinghy exploration, relax on the deck, or enjoy for an evening swim under the stars. The marina is approximately 15 minutes by taxi from Phuket airport. Please check the joining instructions section for directions in FAQs. (Included: Flights, sail accommodation)
Date : April 7, 2019
Phang Nga Bay/Railay BeachVisit Khao Phing Kan – popularly known as "James Bond Island." Afterwards, set sail for idyllic Railay Beach. Enjoy free time and opt for dinner in Railay. Set sail through the emerald waters to James Bond Island, made famous as the setting for "The Man with the Golden Gun". Afterwards, travel to Railay beach and opt to climb to the stunning local view point, kick back and enjoy a massage, visit the Shrine of the Sea Princess, or explore the town. In the evening, anchor amongst the limestone island scenery, enjoy an optional local dinner, and get a taste of Railay's nightlife. (Included: Sailing, James Bond Island Visit)
Date : April 8, 2019
Railay Beach/Koh HaaDepart for Koh Haa, part of a national park, early in the morning and enjoy time in this pristine location. Anchor up early in the morning and sail towards Koh Haa. If time allows, stop at Koh Maa en route for some snorkelling. Enjoy an included and overnight at Koh Haa. (Included; Sailing)
Date : April 9, 2019
Koh Haa/Koh Phi PhiSet sail, go snorkeling at Monkey Bay, and check out its world-famous cliffs. Meet your new crew in Koh Phi Phi in the early afternoon. Enjoy sailing and stopping for a swim before an overnight stay in a remote location. Even with all the hype, Koh Phi Phi doesn't disappoint. The islands seem to rise from the sea. Sheer cliffs tower overhead, then give way to beach-fronted jungle. This is truly a piece of paradise. Depending on weather conditions, spend the evening anchored off of this beautiful beach or head to Koh Phi Phi Don for a bit of nightlife. (Included: Sailing)
Date : April 10, 2019
Koh Phi Phi/Koh Raja NoiAfter a visit to iconic Maya Bay, sail to the remote island of Raja Noi and enjoy time for snorkelling amongst stunning marine life, kayaking, or swimming. Relax with a lunch break on the picturesque beach. After an early morning visit to Maya Bay and Leonardo's Paradise, where "The Beach" was filmed, spend the day sailing through the Southern Phuket Islands. Go slow to enjoy snorkelling and savour a lunch break amongst the breathtaking scenery. Overnight at Koh Raja Noi. (Included: Sailing, Maya Bay Excursion & Koh Raja Noi visit)
Date : April 11, 2019
Koh Raja Noi/Koh Yao YaiSail to the island of Koh Yao Yai. Opt to enjoy a group dinner on the island. If time permits and the group is interested, opt for a visit to Koh Khai Nai en route to Koh Yao Yai. Overnight at Koh Yao Yai. (Included: Sailing)
Date : April 12, 2019
Koh Yao Yai/Phuket/New DelhiSail into the harbour just before lunch. The tour ends on arrival. Depart for the harbour early. Take a break for a swim and arrive into Phuket just before lunch. The tour ends on arrival into Yacht Haven Marina. From there you will head to airport and take your return flight back to New Delhi, India. (Included: Sailing)
– Accommodation: 2 Deluxe double cabins, 7 Standard twin/double cabins, All En suite cabins with air conditioning (6 nts).
– Thai Sailing Catamaran (25m or 62ft): Stretch out and stay balanced aboard a roomy double-hulled watercraft.
– Meals Included: 6 Breakfasts,4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast. Lunch
- Day 3: Breakfast. Lunch, Dinner
- Day4: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day5: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day6: Breakfast: Lunch
- Day7: Breakfast
– Included activities:
- Round Trip Economy flights from New Delhi, India (Contact us if traveling from other Indian cities and get revised quotes)
- Catamanran Sailing
- ailay Beach Visit
- Snorkeling in Monkey Bay
- Phang Nga Bay Stop
- Islands visit included Krabi Islands, Koh Phi Phi Don, Southern Phuket Islands, Koh Yao Yai, and Koh Khai Nai.
- Snorkeling equipment and two kayaks.
- James Bond Island visit: Spend time enjoying this beautiful spot, popularly known as James Bond Island. It was made famous as the setting for “The Man with the Golden Gun.”
- Maya Bay Excursion: Discover the magical landscape of Maya Bay. This scenic spot is best known as the location where the movie “The Beach” was filmed.
- Koh Raja Noi Visit: Discover the remote and idyllic island of Raja Noi, an excellent spot for swimming and snorkeling off a quiet beach. Crystal clear blue waters await, so dive right in.
– Staff & Experts: Tour guide throughout, Skipper (for boat), assistant/cook.
– Visa: Visa cost is not included. Visa can be arranged by us for an additional cost.
– Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. It can be arranged by us with additional cost.
– Airport Taxis:
- Delhi City- Delhi Airport (one-way and return) on Day 1 & 7
- Phuket Airport to Marina on Day 1
- Marina to Phuket Airport on Day 7
– Optional Activity: Kindly book them separately with us prior to your departure.
- Dinghy Excursion (Day 1): Climb into the dinghy to explore new areas.
- Visit the shrine of the sea princess (Day 3): Enjoy a visit to this magnificent cave that fishermen say is the home to a mythical sea princess. The fishermen believe this princess will protect them if they bring her fertility offerings.
- Snorkeling (Day 4&5): Clear blue water with coral reefs and marine life await, so grab your snorkel and get to know the local marine life.
- Koh Khai Nai Island visit (Day 6): The tiny island of Koh Khai Nai is an excellent spot for swimming and snorkeling off a clear sandy beach. Crystal-blue waters await, so dive right in.
– Miscellaneous expenses, Souvenirs etc.
– 5% GST on Total Package.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Trip Includes”
start: Saturday April 13, 2019end: Friday April 19, 2019Group Size: 16 paxStatus: N/Aprice: /Person
Airport Pick Up & Drop Off
The tour requires that you have a travel insurance covering emergency evacuation and repatriation. If you do not already have a travel insurance please do get in touch with us after booking and we will help you.
This Tour is Non-refundable.
For this tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveler. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary. If you do not already have a visa, please do get in touch with us after booking and we will help you.
1.Please note that space is very,very limited on the boat and especially in your cabin. It is important that you only take on board soft sided luggage such as a mid sized backpack or soft duffel bag, keeping your bag's weight to less than 15kgs. Suitcases are not appropriate for our Thai sailing adventure as they are not pliable enough to fit into the niches available for luggage. If you are on a longer trip, it may be possible to store excess luggage for one week at the yacht harbour.
2.Fresh water is very limited on board, and as such we ask for your understanding that showers are limited to one quick shower per person a day.One towel per week is provided for showering purposes - please bring a beach towel. Drinking water is provided free of charge on board the yacht.
3. It's important to note that the beds in the cabins are not the usual length of a standard bed. The length is approximately 1.8 meters ( 6 feet)
Please meet your skipper at 3:00pm at The Living Room Coffee Shop in The Yacht Haven Marina. It is located next to the yacht marina office.
The Living Room Restaurant
Address: 105/5 moo 2, Baan Kor-en, Tumbon Maikao, Ampur Thalang, Phuket 83110
Ms.Kea +6686-504-3478 (Living room restaurant manager)
After arriving into Phuket by air, you can take a taxi from the airport for approximately 600 Thai Bhat.
Please note that if you're searching for the joining location online, the proper address may not appear correctly or may be missing. Please search for ‘The Living Room seafood restaurant & bar Thailand’ to view the location on the map, and you can give the address listed above to your taxi driver.
The catamaran is equipped with a total of 8 passenger cabins. Two deluxe double cabins are located on the main deck offering panoramic views, a slightly larger bathroom, and they are more easily accessed without the use of steep stairs. There are six standard twin cabins below deck, accessed by steep stairs. All standard cabins feature port hole windows, and some are convertible to doubles subject to availability – please enquire when booking. For your added comfort all cabins feature air-conditioning and private en suite bathrooms.
Power onboard is 220V on European 2 pin sockets. Please note that this is not suitable for sleeping aid machines, as the power source may not always be operating. Bringing a battery pack is recommended.
The vessel also features an onboard kitchenette, interior and exterior common areas, and plenty of outside deck space.
If you are a single traveller, you will be paired up in a cabin with another traveller of the same gender. Please note cabins have limited luggage storage space. Most travellers spend little time in their cabins, mainly using them to sleep and store their belongings.
Eating is a big part of traveling. Here you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world.
Food is a major part of this sailing adventure. You will enjoy many home cooked meals lovingly prepared by our on board cook. Portions are generous and will include sea food, typical Thai dishes and even the occasional breakfast fry up.
Drinking water is provided and beer, wine and soft drink is available to purchase at cost price aboard.
Non included meals are taken ashore at local restaurants.
There's nothing left to do but kick back and relax!
This sailing adventure is staffed by a qualified skipper & a local cook/first mate. Your onboard team know the Thai Islands extremely well and are passionate about sharing their hidden secrets with their "crew". They know the best secluded beaches, snorkeling spot, coolest beach bars and where you can check your internet. Our Cook is very welcoming and more than happy to give informal Thai cooking classes while your delicious meals are being prepared in the ship's galley.
We believe single travelers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travelers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travelers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
Minimum age of 16 years for this trip.
When packing be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Shorts should be knee-length.
Illegal drugs will not be tolerated on any trips. Possessing or using drugs not only contravenes the laws of the land but also puts the rest of the group at risk. Smoking marijuana and opium is a part of local culture in some parts of the world but is not acceptable for our travelers. Our philosophy of travel is one of respect towards everyone we encounter, and in particular the local people who make the world the special place it is. The exploitation of prostitutes is completely contrary to this philosophy. Our travel leaders have the right to expel any member of the group if drugs are found in their possession or if they use prostitutes.
There is limited space on the yachts. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack. A good size daypack is also essential PLEASE NOTE: No hard suitcases are permitted.
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
• External battery pack
• Motion sickness tablets
• Snorkel gear (optional) (Only if own equipment is preferred.)
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
Laundry facilities are not available on the boat. You may want to or have to do your own laundry so we suggest you bring non-polluting/biodegradable soap.
– Age Requirements: 16+
– Guiding Method: Live Guide Instructor
– Guide Language: English
– Travel Style: Marine (Small-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.)
– Service Level: Standard (comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.)
– Trip Type: Small Group (Small group experience; Max 18, avg. 10)