India is a diversified land with great tourism potential. It’s a land with stunning beaches, dramatic temples, alluring rain forests, gigantic mountains, boundless deserts, lively cities, and the Indian peninsula creates an ultimate charisma for the travelers across the globe. Picturesque and diverse in culture, heritage and language, India is honored with rich natural beauty that adds to its equanimity.
Are you Tired of the known tourist spots and looking for new destinations and adventure? Seeking to get away to a new place? The offbeat destinations in India offer an amazing experience. Escape the hustle-bustle of cities and nourish your soul with amazing experiences. Vacations in these lesser-known areas of the country are truly memorable. Avoid crowds, explore raw natural beauty and unusual cultures, and get to experience a new life with locales.
Nowadays, People are more attracted towards offbeat destination instead of following a charted route. So, we have compiled a list of best of India travel offbeat destinations for you.
- Gurez Valley, Kashmir: Breathtaking landscapes, fresh and non-polluted air, amazing backdrops, and the sound of gushing river are common place in Gurez Valley. Its location right below the ‘Line of Control’ makes the valley one of the most protected land in India. And yes, with continuous vigilance, it is safe to go there.
- Chembra Lake, Western Ghats : In the heights of Wayanad range in Western Ghats, there is a lake which is believed to be never dehydrated. Inpsite of such a global warming Not drought, not high temperature; nothing has ever been able to dry even the portion of this lake. The most striking feature about Chemra lake is its shape-A Heart.
- Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim : Gurudongmar Lake in Sikkim is one of the highest lakes in the world,which is at a height of 17,100 ft,. It is said that even during the extreme weather condition in winters, there is always some part of the lake that remains unfrozen.
Mawlynnong, Meghalaya: Mawlynnong in Meghalaya, is one of the must offbeat places in India. It has been bestowed with cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The eco-friendly village community will give you some amazing hospitality. The view ,scenery is a bliss to your senses and eyes.Apart from world famous Living root bridge there are waterfalls and caves too to explore.Created out of the roots of the trees, the bridges are truly a wonder and walk on these amazing roots gives lifetime experience.
- Halebid, Karnataka: It’s a place which is known for one of its ancient temple in south India.The town is yet to be discovered by many of travelers and tourists, therefore a beautiful offbeat experience. This place is also known as Dwarasamudra, which implies gateway to the seas, this place is the capital of the Hoysala Dynasty for about 150 years.Even in the ruined state, the town’s glory still remains undiminished.This trip can be clubbed with visit to Belur along with Jain monuments.
- Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh: Ziro is blessed with beauty, bliss and amazing experiences. Away from the touristy footprints,Ziro is among the beautiful offbeat destinations in India. Puffy white clouds float in the horizon. Beautiful green patches are visible as far as the eye can see. The Apatani tribe welcomes you with their welcoming smiles and you would love to know and observe there way of life. Ziro is also well known famous for its music festival. Stay there as locales.
- Gokarna, Karnataka: Gokarna is one of the offbeat beach secret of India. Famous for its natural, unspoilt beaches, Gokarna is mainly a temple town , with a slow and relaxed atmosphere. Away from crowds, the shores of the Karnataka town is pure beach bliss. Hire a motorbike and explore the town. Enjoy watching the sunrise and sunset. Go for a swim in the waters anytime.
- Patan, Gujarat: Patan in Gujarat is recently added one of the famous UNESCO heritage site. Dating back to 745 AD, Patan, the former capital of the Chandva Rulers is dotted with lovely temples, lakes, and beautiful step walls. Built in the 11th century, this grand step-well of Maru-Gurjara architectural style is designed as an inverted temple as obeisance to life-giving water.
- Spiti, Himachal Pradesh: Spiti is one of the offbeat and bucket list places you must visit once in a lifetime. Located at an height of 14,931 ft, it has a challenging environment and personality. If you are adventure lover, seeking solace or to escape the cities, then Spiti is definitely where you should be. The blunt and stark mountains have spots of green which are stippled with ancient monasteries. in addition various activities are famous in spiti like,trekking, camping, mountain biking and other adventures enhance the thrill. Spend some time in the villages of Ki, Kibber, Kaza etc.
- Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: Radhanagar Beach,or Beach No. 7 in Havelock, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, is quite unique. Its also awarded as “ Best Beach In Asia” by times magazine in 2004.The beach is maintained in its own way with serene and natural beauty all around.
So there you have it—a list of lesser known destinations to explore on your next trip! The only question is, which one will you pick?Let us know what you have in mind and drop us an comment or feel free to reach us.. 🙂