Parties are something everyone love to do in almost all around the world. Everyone find different ways to enjoy, sometimes cultural, rave, classical, the ideas seem endless. They spark the wave of excitement in our heart and boost us to live that moment with utmost desires of joyfulness and happiness. Full moon party is one of those parties where people travel to from all around the world with only one goal to enjoy the night in full swing along with high dance beats and luscious drinks.
When and how did it all begin? The first full moon party took place somewhere between 1985-1988 (the exact year no one really knows) at paradise bungalows on a birthday occasion. It was celebrated with so much fun that it gained more importance eventually and now have turned up to one the famous dance cum music festival around the world.
Where does it take place? The full moon party take places at the night before or after every full moon throughout the year and attracts almost 30,00 people every month. It usually originates at ‘Haad Rin’ at the island of ‘Koh Phangan’ which is about 3-4 hours from Surat Thani province and 30 minutes from ‘Koh Samui’ Island by boat. The event has become so prosperous that there are now even Half-moon, Full moon and Black moon parties also being celebrated.
Haad Rin is basically a peninsular beach located on the southernmost part of the Koh Phangan Island, a tourist town which has everything to offer for a tourist holiday. The ‘sunrise beach’ to the north is where the full moon party takes off. Since it can sometime become crowded during the event, most of the people take Koh Samui as their base for accommodation and take ferries to Koh Phangan. After celebrating their night, they turn back via the same ferry toward their way back to Koh Samui.
How is the event celebrated? The full moon night-life events are usually celebrated on the beachfront spots. As the day move forward and after taking a relaxing sun bath on the beaches of Koh Samui or Koi Phangan Islands, the tourists began to get ready for the ultimate experience. The burning excitement in their heart is flaming into their eyes as they approach towards the glooming nightfall, the moon finally curves it way towards the dusk, turning itself in yellow and emerging over the white sand beach, the preparations began to start as the tables began to line up over the land, its ironical to even imagine at the very moments how the whole ambiance is going to light up into something magnificent!
Most of the pubs, restaurants, bars and nightclubs began their decorations in the approach of attracting as many customers they can. From temporary set stages to vast musical instruments decks, one could notice the legions of countless DJ’s landing aboard, ready to tune up the night into musical beatdown. The immeasurable genres of music including techno, trance, drum and bass, reggae to commercial dances, R&B, hip-hop or rock manifolds itself into the slightly sparkling colorful dust of air and soon the whole magic begins.
With the first shake of cheers, more and more drinks are poured, the buckets are pass along with different groups, the hands are up in the air and with every second multitude of high beats people tends to turn more wild and excited. As the evening progresses itself tuning up into an aggravated night full of fun and pleasure, the fireworks began to emerge taking the entertainments to its next level. Juggles and fire-eaters step forward to entertain the crowds with their spectacular and dazzling displays. Raging beam of fire streaming from their mouth, rounds and rounds of burning flames blazing into the dark, people watching and dancing across, the whole party seems to consummate entirely in-itself.
Although the party goes all night in the wait for the sunrise, people usually tends to break in between, and find some places to chill-out or grab a meal on the beachfront restaurants or they simply find a place around the sea front and just enjoy the fresh air of vast gulf of Thailand. Relax and refreshing as it may feel, the heightened excitement still streaming into their body, the sound of infinite beats per second showering into their ears, flow of crazy happiness exuberating from their laughs, the magical feelings of fun seems endless in everyone heart. There are no barriers, no limitations to the extent they can dance and enjoy and with only one attention to make the best of the night from the unlimited desires of their hearts.
Although, no matter how ravishing it may sounds, the full moon party does come with some downsides of which one really needs to beware. Following among are couple of prominent things to be taken care of before setting of the all-night party:
- Stay away from fire-rope: When the fireworks begin during the night and fire jugglers come across to start their activities, one of the most flagrant activity performed is the ‘fire-rope’ which is basically a skipping rope set on fire. Lot of people who are usually high on alcohol try to dodge through this activity and tends to attain fire burns on their body and in some cases, may end up in hospitals as well. This is something best fit to be enjoyed and experience from a fair distance.
- Drugs can land you up in Jail: Although illegal, but still drugs are common thing that can be found easily in a full moon party. Other than side effects it usually brings along, taking drugs is against the law and if caught one could easily end up in Jail. Sometimes unknowably, during dances, the buckets are usually pass along in which some people intentionally place the drugs inside the drinks just to see how will people respond to them. So, it’s important be aware while having fun during the night!
- Shoes can be life saver: Yes, it can be really life saver to wear shoes rather than being barefoot, the latter may feel more tempting in white sand. The main reason behind it is basically there could be many broken glasses which can cause major bruises on your feet. So, as they say, precautions are better than cure, it’s better to be prepared with full cover feet’s and have fun freely during the party.
- Sea walks can be really annoying: Most of the people enjoying during the full moon party are mostly drunk or high on alcohol and for them, sea usually becomes an easy target for their toilet breaks. Therefore, it highly essential to keep in mind to stay as much away from going inside the sea and it can really become an annoying feeling in the end.
- Fashion clothes is definitely not good option: The full moon parties are one the colorful glooming parties around the world which means spreading colors and body paints. People usually tends to cover up themselves in colorful body pain by the end which can really ruin their expensive fashionable clothes. So, it is always best to wear as simple as you can to have worry free night full of fun and enjoyment.
- Staying close to beach can benefit much better: Partying all night can sometimes be really exhausting. As the morning come closer and the hangover pitch in, it’s always much more comfortable to stay in accommodation closer towards the beach. One can enjoy and have fun and at the same turn back into their hotels whenever they feel best for it. Although, the beach facing hotels could be a little extra budget on the pockets, but it’s still worth shot of having best fun out the full moon night.
Full moon party is one of the craziest party packed with loads of fun and excitement. Not only backpackers, but people from all ages and from around the world gather together to make the best of the amazing night. But still however, the majority of it is mostly influenced by group of young people. A tradition which set it foots in 1980’s is now emerging to be one the biggest events around the world. Set- up in one the small islands of Thailand, surrounding by the sea, the beauty of the night is just magical. As its emerging to be more and more famous among people, it has further opened doors towards the ideas of many other parties across the Islands.
We as human being are one of those species who always strive to make the best enjoyment of our life. The full moon party is the one colorful event worth every penny to experience at least once in lifetime!
Have you been to Full moon party? How was your experience? or Would you ever want to experience? Please feel free to share your comments! 🙂
For Budgeted or Luxurious Package kindly contact and connect with us…We have many ongoing packages and can curate them based on your requirements…:)