Can indians can get dubai visa on arrival?
UAE or Dubai visa is one of the most popular visas for Indians. Although there are some countries for which Visa on arrival facilities are available in UAE, Indians, however, need to obtain an E-visa before planning to visit Dubai.
Not so while ago, UAE government has started a visa-on arrival scheme for Indian citizen on only one criteria that they should posses US valid visas. Lets discuss this process more in details what is all about and under what criteria one is eligible to avail it.
Conditions that entitles Dubai visa on arrival for Indians.
- One should have a valid USA Visa (Used, Unused and all types are accepted)
- Should have an Indian Passport valid at least six (6) months beyond the date of departure from the Dubai.
- Should possess return or onward ticket to the next country of destination.
- Should have no derogatory record with the UAE Bureau of Immigration.
What will happen at Indian and Dubai Airports?
- You will have to tell the airline ground staff at airline check-in counter that you possess valid USA visa (which allows Visa on arrivals for Indians) and that they can check in your passports.
- The next thing is they will check you have valid return or onward flight within the validity of your USA visa. (The airlines usually check this because they are given the responsibility to bring you back if you don’t posses a valid return or onward ticket within your visa validity.)
- At Indian Immigration, you will have to show your passports showing USA visa + boarding passes + return/onward flight ticket. They will ask standard questions related to your travel plans like how many days you plan to stay, your purpose of travel etc. On verification, they stamp your passport and you move ahead with security check.
- On arrival at Dubai Airport, you have to locate “Marhaba counter” which are usually located just opposite to immigration counters. You have to show again your valid USA visa with passport there.
- On verification, you have the pay the “Visa on arrival” fees which is about “121 Dirhams” (this is as per latest update and may change at the time of travel). The payment are accepted in both cards and cash. They will provide you receipt which contains a Barcode. You have to keep it safe throughout your time in Dubai.
- After getting receipt, go ahead to the immigration counter where they will verify your passports (with USA Visa) along with Receipts and Barcode. They may ask you some usual questions about your stay again like I have mentioned earlier for Indian airport immigration. After this you get a passport stamp and arrival in Dubai.
Can you avail “Visa on arrival “with any other visa other than USA visa?
- Some Visas such as “Schengen and UK” may be accepted but its not recommended to travel considering Visa on arrival based on them.